What is Zippie?
Zippie is a blockchain company developing a web-based platform that provides a series of applications and services to interact with blockchain networks directly from the browser, on any operating system.
What is the Zippie platform?
The Zippie platform is defined by the following components:
- Zippie Apps: an application layer for built-in and 3rd party apps/dApps and services. It provides onboarding, wallet, explorer among other application services to app developers.
- Zippie APIs: an API layer to Zippie services. It allows access to both open source and proprietary services developed by Zippie.
- Zippie Services: a services layer to the Zippie Platform. It allows developers to re-utilise services that enhance their applications while abstracting away the complex components from end-users, such as key management, identity management, gas utilisation among others. There are two categories of services: open source and proprietary. Proprietary services are licensed and run under Zippie servers.
- Backend Systems and Network: a protocol layer that allows the interaction of the Zippie OS with the Ethereum blockchain, distributed systems an d Zippie servers.
How does it work?
In a nutshell, the Zippie platform connects developers and app users via a fast user onboarding and app utilisation experience. To function, the platform provides a set of key features:
- Onboarding: Developers onboard new users to their application in a fast sign-up process using any browser. In the sign up, users get a wallet and identity access to the OS. Private keys are split between the user’s device and Zippie backend servers to allow recovery without user backup needed.
- Explorer and marketplace: Users gain in-browser access to the applications in the Zippie ecosystem and use the same wallet and identity credentials to access and transact tokens between applications.
- Zippie card: Through the OS card services users may choose to securely store their identity and wallet keys in a hardware card for recovery in case of lost device. The card also allows the confirmation of large transactions.
Additionally, the Zippie platform provides for developers a set of re-deployable features such as wallet, identity, key management, among others which will be covered in the documentation.
Why is it valuable?
By relying on the Zippie platform, developers can easily onboard both traditional web applications and decentralised apps (dApps) in a blockchain-based ecosystem, while managing keys and identity in a decentralised and cryptographically secure way.
Zippie platform is:
- Easy to setup - simple installations and you are ready to go
- Easy to use - simple API methods to get you started
- Tailored to developer needs - anyone with web development experience can build applications and onboard users.